Friday, September 2, 2022

Distress ink blended background winter cards LF

 Hi, friends!

I've got two winter cards with the same colored backgrounds by using distress inks. 

I used some old and new products from Lawn Fawn for today's cards.



Here's the first card made of only diecuts with minimal coloring. 


For the background panel, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock into A2 size, then I ink blended it using regular distress inks : salvaged patina, weathered wood, and specked egg. I splattered with water, removed excess water by tapping it with tissue. 


Next, I placed Snow Flurries Background Stencil onto the panel, then I applied modelling paste through the stencil. I used Schimincke's product which I had bought a local art supplies store. 


I love how the tiny snowflakes and stars look very cute when they were given dimension by molding paste. 


I set this panel aside and let them dry. 


Next step, I die cut Snow Flurries Backdrop from white cardstock.  I made two cuts and glued them together. 



I also cut "Let it Snow" from white cardstock and diamond glitter cardstock, then I layered them with dimensional look. 
The small bird and a pair of gloves were cut with Build-A-Snowman and colored with Copic markers (RV99, R89, R59, R39). I added white gel pen accents to them.


Once all the elements were finished, I glued Snow Flurries Backdrop frame to the background panel, and then I adhered "Let it Snow" diecuts using foam squares, and finally I adhered bird and gloves. 


As a finishing touch, I added clear drops. 



My second card used the same colored background. However, probably due to the differences in white paper (this time I used Strathmore Bristol paper), which I don't exactly understand the reason, I had to add more inks to make similar colors. 


So, I used salvaged patina, weathered wood, and specked egg, peacock feathers, and evergreen bough. Stencil was done with the same way. 
Next, I cut Deck The Car out of some color cardstocks, then I added more shades by lightly sponging the edges of diecuts. After coloring was done, I assembled them using a fine tip glue





To make a road for the car, I used Little Town Hillside Pop-up Add-on diecut which was slightly inked with Evergreen Bough distress ink, and were glued to the panel. 


For the sentiment on the top, I stamped Winter Wavy Sayings on Fancy Wavy Banners Diecut using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. After assembling all the pices to make a fun winter night scene, I added some clear drops and finished off my card. 


These two cards were done with easy and simple way, but I really enjoyed it. It's always so exciting to add colors and shades and textures one by one onto white paper and finally you get a fun, colorful scene !

A new REEL of making process will be soon shared on my Instagram account. 
Thank you for stopping by. 
Have a great day!

Marge









No comments:

Post a Comment