Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Watercolor Floral Cards for Altenew Inspiration Challenge

 

Hi, friends!

Today, I'm sharing a watercolor floral card to play along with September 2022 Inspiration Challenge going on over at Altenew Blog. 



This beautiful color palette seemed just perfect for floral images, so I pulled out one of unused floral stamp sets from my stash, which is Beautiful Heart




I started by stamping the images on heavy-weight, cold-press watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then I colored them using Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan set. Main colors I used are Red Sunset and Green Meadows. I also used a watercolor brush marker Paper Bag to color the center of blossoms. After coloring was done I cut them with coordinating dies. 



Next, I prepared dry embossed panel using Buffalo Plaid 3D Embossing Folder, added some splatters, and then I adhered floral images using glue and foam adhesives.






Once again, I added lots of gold and white gouache splatters all over the card and let them dry. 



I heat embossed a sentiment from Across The Pond in gold on vellum paper, then I cut the piece into a fishtail shape tag, and glued it on the left top of the panel. With addition of some jewels, I finished off my card. 




The second card wasn't planned at the beginning, but there were remnant floral pieces after finishing the first one, so I decided to make another one.


 These floral images were colored with Altenew 36 Pan Set  and you can see that the shades in the petals are light blue instead of yellow, which differs from the first card.




 Otherwise, I took a similar design to compare  the two different backdrop colors. Which one do you like more? 




Thank you for stopping by and reading this post. 
Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!

MARGE

No comments:

Post a Comment