Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Watercolor Ranunculus Cards using the Altenew's pan sets

 


Hi, friends!

Today, I've got two cards for you to enter an exciting challenge going on at Altenew's blog, which is called Pair-A-Flower Watercolor Contest . 


I'm a big fan of Altenew's watercolor products because they have beautiful colors and they work very well as watercolor mediums. For today's cards I used both the 36 & 24 pan sets as the colors are slightly different between the two sets.



Now it's time to choose stamp sets. Among the gorgeous floral stamp sets in my stash, I chose Ranunculus this time, which had been sleeping, never used over 5 years.  Although this is a layering stamp set, I chose not to use the layers but only outlines to watercolor the petals. 



I trimmed Hot press watercolor paper into A2 size, then I stamped the Ranunculus using Distress Ink Tea Dye. I placed the blooms and leaves overlapped using masking for one-layer look.


Once the images were stamped, I colored in them using 24 pan set. In order to give shades to the petals, I referred to the layer-stamped images printed on the stamp package. 





After coloring was done, I stamped sentiment on the top and added splatters of black, gold, and white inks. 




For my second card, I tried different color palette and for this I used 36 pan set as it has beautiful blue colors in it. 




Making process was quite similar with the first one. For stamping sentiment, I tried Versafine Claire Nocturne ink for the first time and I liked how it came out! Very saturated and crisp. 



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day !

MARGE








1 comment: