Friday, September 16, 2022

Rainbow themed Winter Cards LF

 

Hi, all!

Welcome back to my blog today. I have a couple of cards made with some Lawn Fawn products . I love the big frame dies from the fall/winter release and I incorporated a rainbow theme to them to be eligible for the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge where the theme is Color Inspiration.




To begin with, I roughly watercolored paper in rainbow gradation using Mijello Mission Watercolor paints. It doesn't have to be fine because most of the part would be masked by diecuts or frames. 



[ Card 1 ] 

MERRY & Bright Shaker card 





 I die cut Giant Outline Merry & Bright out of the watercolored panel and white card stock. To make front panel of a shaker, I adhered the white frame on a piece of acetate film first, then I in-layed letters that were cut from the rainbow panel. I put the top frame upside down and adhered foam tapes along the edges and backside of the letters.  


I  removed cover film of foam tapes first, then I put sequins and seed beads of various colors and covered the well with backdrop sheet from Let It Shine Starry Skies paper pack. 


If you're new to making shaker cards, be sure to remember that the film of tapes should be removed before putting in shaker contents. 
Now the shaker is finised! 


I trimmed warm tone gingham pattern paper into A2 size in order to mat the shaker. 


To add cuteness to the card, I adhered images from Say What? Holiday Critters set onto the shaker front. 




[ Card 2 ]



After I finished the Card 1, negative and positive diecuts were left from each colored & white panel. So, I assembled them to make another rainbow card front, which looked a little flat. 



 So, I cut another set of Letters from white paper again, applied Glue & Seal on bottom part of each letter, then I put Prisma Glitter to them, and then I glued the letters for a dimensional look. 


I also added small clous diecuts, which I made with Plane and Simple Coordinating dies set, inked edges, applied molding paste and Prisma Glitter. For embellishment, I adhered some clear drops. 


[Card 3]

It's again a shaker card. 


I prepared backdrop, front panel, and letter diecuts as shown in the picture : Stitched Snowflake Backdrop pattern added to the watercolor panel, shaker frame with Snow Flurries Backdrop, and the letters Giant Let It Snow cut out of white, cotton pink and glitter card stock. 



Making process for shaker well was very similar with the Card 1. 



I love the giant letters and frames so much, which have endless designing possibilities. 




That's it for me for today. I hope you enjoyed my cards. 
Thank you and have a great day.

MARGE










2 comments:

  1. WOW!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the rainbow cards!! LOVE rainbow christmas cards and these are the best!! wow!! sooooo creative! sooooo adorable! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy! These are all top-tier and excellent!! Well-done!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete