Sunday, September 25, 2022

Awesome Autumn Cards LF

 

Hi, friends! 

Today, I'm sharing a couple of cards to play along the Awesome Autumn Challenge going on over at Lawn Fawnatics Blog.  



I had so much fun with cute stamps & dies  and I also enjoyed the autumn colors. It was such a happy crafting. 



So here's detailed description. 


[ CARD 1 ]




In the photos below, I shared ink and marker colors I used and a few making steps. As this was the first time making a reveal wheel one, I referred to a  tutorial video at Lawn Fawn channel. 



Apples were cut from red cardstock and were added deeper red shades with a memento ink. Leaves were cut from kraft cardstock and were colored with Copic markers shown in the photo. 



Now the card is finished and you can see four scenes that change when you roll the wheel. 



After I assembled the elements, I added gel pen details and sparkling sequins for embellishment. 



Although there were a little errors when making this, I'm so happy with the final result. It was very fun! 




[ Card 2 ]


The second card isn't a pop-up one but I used the same backdrop and color schemes as the first one . I wanted to create a lovely autumn scene based on Leafy Tree Backdrop : Portrait , so I gently inked the frame with Distress Oxide Antique Linen and Tattered Rose. 





Products I used are Giant Happy FallApple-solutely Awesome ,Leafy Tree Backdrop : Portrait die,  and Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop die. In the photos below, you can see colors I used as well. 


I adhered the diecuts using glue or foam tapes where needed for a dimensional look. 
As an embellishment, I added gel pen and sparkling sequins.



The apple picking mice are sooooo adorable that I couldn't stop coloring them :)


[ CARD 3 ] 

My third card is a fun Peekaboo style and is the best one I had picked among today's cards. I love it and I loved all the making process. 



Products I used are Peekaboo Pop-UpApple-solutely Awesome set, Spiffy Speckles Petite Paper, and Knit Picky Fall 6×6 paper. I die cut the pattern paper for backdrops and added more shades using the Distress Oxide inks below. 



For a peekaboo mechanism, I used transparent acetate film as a peekaboo strip. 
The photo below is when you fold the score lines and a mouse is hidden behind the green hill. 


But , when you pull out both sides at opposite direction, you can see a mouse is flying up to the tree to pick apples. How cut is that ! 



I'll post a short REEL to show how this fun mechanism works shortly after, so if you're interested in it, please visit my IG account at @marge.crafts. 

That's it for me today. Thank you stopping by. 
I hope you enjoyed my cards.  Have a great day! 

MARGE




1 comment:

  1. wow, all these cards are amazing!! love all the details and the scenes you created! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete