Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Watercolor doodling cards


Hi, friends!

Last weekend, I could finally open my new watercolor paint set which I had bought a month ago.  This Artisits' Watercolor 24 Pan Set from Altenew is so amazing! I shared a short video of opening the set, labeling each color and quick testing major colors  on my Instagram account. So if you're interested in it, please check it out. At first, I was just thinking of doodling video, but in the end, I made two cards from it, which I'm sharing here today. 




In the picture below, you can see that I opened all the half-pans and  adhered the sealing stickers onto a spring note to make a color chart. I think these sealing stickers are so useful because you don't need to make a color chart. The colors printed in the stickers well represent the real colors! I then also quickly made several watercolor testing panels. Without planning color schemes, I just colored each paint in the order they were placed on the palette. The paints were highly pigmented, colors were very pretty and bright, so it was such a pleasant time for me. I then set them aside and finished my watercolor doodling. 



The next day, when I look back into the panels on my desk, I decided to pick some of them and make cards. So I picked two, each with different color palette, and went with card designing. 

[ Card 1 ]





For this warm color palette card, I stamped Fairy Tale Rose using versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 



I trimmed the right side border using Creative Edges Lace Die and matted with similar colored pattern paper which I added more shades using some red & violet dye inks. 


I splattered with the same watercolor paints, and metallic gold & white inks as well. 
Sentiment strip was foam mounted on the bottom of the panel. For embellishment, I adhered heart shaped clear drops. 




I love how the elegant outlines of rosebloom in white go well with the gradient colored background. 



[ Card 2 ]

For the second card, I did the same process, except that I used Creative Edges Notebook Die  on the left border.



 The clean line notebook edges look so well with the cold color palette. For embellishment, I added clear round drops. 



With simple watercolor doodles, I could pull out two different designs, which was such a fun process! Which one caught your eyes ? 


Thank you for reading today's post.

Have a great day!


MARGE 

No comments:

Post a Comment