Saturday, August 27, 2022

Watercolor Tulips Card

 

Hi, friends!

Today, I'm sharing another watercolor card painted with Karin Brushmarkers Pro

My card also features gorgeous Tulips Stamp and coordinating dies from Pretty Pink Posh.

 

This time, instead of using watercolor paper, I used Bristol paper for coloring with Karin markers because one of my IG friends recommend me to use Bristol for Karin markers. And the result was amazing as you can seen in the pictures. They really mixed well on the smooth surface of Bristol paper and the final look was like that of alcohol-makers. I used various orange, red, green, and olive green colors from Karin brushmarkers set. 



For the background panel, I colored the center lightly with Damiel Smith paints: burnt sienna, quinacridone burnt orange, Rich green gold and Phthalo turquoise using a wet in wet technique, then I splattered with some inks. To give an interesting look, I added stitched patterns by die-cutting the panel with Hand Stitching Cover Plate Die from Paper Rose Studio. I also added Scallop Ovals frames to be a layering platform for tulips. 



After composing panels, frames and tulips, I wound Ivory and Natural twine strings  around the lower part of the panel 3-4 times and tied them for a nautral look. As a finishing touch, I adhered some clear drops using a glue. 



That's it for today. Although it's autumn/winter season now, the spring-like saturated colors really made me happy while I was working on this. I hope this bright floral card has made you smile too. 


Thank you and have a great day!

Marge



1 comment:

  1. Any size, any color - tulips are my favorite all year long! Such a gorgeous card, Marge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete