Friday, August 26, 2022

Shabby style Large Tag Card

 Hi, friends! 

Today, I'm sharing a shabby style tag shape card featuring SSS Etched Laurel leaves die and Gina K Summer Silhouettes stamp.  


These days, I've been self teaching on various mediums and new ink colors to get used to them after a long break from crafting, so all th elements on today's card are kind of my practice outcomes so far. To follow the challenges themes (described at the end of this post), I decided to use all of them. 


Top panel : I die cut a piece of bristol paper using a small Postage Stamp Edge Die, masked off all four borders, ink blended the inner space using distress inks : evergreen bough, salvaged patina, tattered rose, saltwater taffy, crackling campire. You don't have to use such many colors to inke blend this small piece at all! I think just blue & coral inks would be enough. However, as I wrote above, this was a testing of a new-to-me colors, so I used all of them. After inking and water splatter was done, I stamped silhouette images from Gina K Summer Silhouettes using Versafine Onyx Black ink & MISTI. 



Bottom large tag panel : I colored a piece of watercolor paper with distress oxide inks uncharted mariner, weathered wood, and tea dye. Then I added watered-down white gouache with a flat brush. After it dried I cut the panel into A2 sized stitched large tag using a large tag die from Avery Elle (2015). To add more texture mimicking a shabby fence look, I scratched down several lines vertically using a craft knife. 


Laurel Leaves  : I used four different ways. 

(1) Gray blue & coral leaves on the Rt upper corner : Ink blend a piece of watercolor paper with distress ink speckled egg, weathered wood, and a pink dye ink.  Dry embossed using any embossing folder.  Add shinning textures with two Mica Sprays : Wendy Vecchi Cornflower Blue & Tim Holtz Antiqued Bronze. Cut the panel with SSS Etched Laurel leaves die. 


(2) Brown leaves on the Lt lower corner : ink blend a piece of dry embossed (Acorns 3D Texture) Woodgrain Kraft cardstock with orange & olive green inks, add shines with Mica sprays. After drying, cut with SSS Etched Laurel leaves die.


(3) blue & pink leaves on the Lt upper corner : inkblend watercolor paper with pink/blue/green distress inks, add watered-down gouache brushing, add Mica sprays, then die cut. 


(4) Gold leaves on the Rt lower corner : die cut clean watercolor paper and directly add sprays onto the cuts. 


I also made transparent leaves by die-cutting a piece of thick vellum paper. 


[ To compose a card ]

I layered the panels leaves using glue and thin foam tapes. I then splattered with white gouache a lot to give a wintery mood. For an embelishment, I added a small double ribbon bow, a gemstone and several jewels. 


For a cardbase, I made A2 rectangle card base first, then die cut it with the same large tag die using a partial diecutting technique so that the left border of the card base was spared. 


For the sentiment, I went simple with a premade sentiment block from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker

That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed my card. 


I'm entering this card to the current challenges listed below:
Simon Says Stamp IG Challenge : Layer It

Thank you for reading today's post.
Have a great day!

Marge


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the added texture of the leaves! Thank you so much for playing along with Gina K. Designs August Monthly Mix Challenge!

    ReplyDelete