Monday, August 22, 2022

One layer watercolor floral card

 

Hi, friends!

Today, I'm sharing a watercolor floral card made with one-layer design. I had bought this Sketched Roses Stamp set a couple years ago, but , somehow I had missed purchasing coordinating die set . Without a coordinating die, I decided to go with one-layer design this time. 


I started with trimming water color paper into A2 size and then I stamped the rose bouquet on the two corners in diagonal direction using Distress ink Tea Dye.  I love Tea Dye ink for stamping when I watercolor flowers. There's something soft and elegant in the color of Tea Dye so you can get some tender mood in your paintings and you can also get the clear outlines compared to no-line water-coloring, which makes your coloring a lot easier. 


After stamping, I colored in the images using Altnew's watercolor 36 pan. I love Altenew's inks so much because they have really pretty colors in them. Although the 36 pan set is not an artist level quality, it surely has beautiful colors and watercoloring using it is not that difficult, so I chose it for today's medium. I also bought 24 pan Artist level paints recently, which I'm planning to use for my future project. 


I used 6 colors from the 36 pan set to color the images and I didn't give much attention when coloring. It was just easy going and relaxing water color process. After I finished coloring, I stamped sentiment from the same set on the center of the panel, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. 


I really loved how this one layer look like something transparent!
I foam mounted the panel onto a card base, and embellished it with some sparkling sequins. 


I also made a REEL of making this card, so if you're interested in it, please check my IG account at @marge.crafts on you IG app. Or, you can watch it on the widget on the left column of this blog if you're reading this post on your PC or a desktop mode. 



Thank you for stopping by.

Have a great day!

Marge 

No comments:

Post a Comment