Sunday, August 7, 2022

Nautical Mood Standing Pop-up Card

 

Hi, everyone!
Today, I've got a standing pop-up card with fun nautical mood to share with you, using products of Pretty Pink Posh
To make this card, you don't need special dies set or difficult techniques. Using any border dies you have in your stash and a scoring board would work. 


Here's a quick guide of cutting and scoring I made for you for your future projects. I planned the final card would fit into 4.25 x 5.5 inch so that it can easily be put into an A2 envelope. But, you can modify this blueprint in various ways once you set the final card size in your mind. 




I started with trimming light blue cardstock into 4.25 x 6.75 inch and I scored straight lines at 1.25 and 5.5 along the 6.75" side.  


I then pulled out a scallop border die from the Scallop Borders 2 Set, and made the top outline a scalloped curve. Because the die was shorter than the length of top line, I trimmed out the remnants using a scissor. 





For the front stacked panels, I trimmed and scored lines white cardstock as guided in the picture above. Then I cut each top lines using Stitched Borders 1 Die set for a wavy look.
 


I applied glue on the left tab of each stack and adhered it on the left side of background panel. When all the three stacks were adhered, I applied glue to the right tabs , fold the right wing of background panel to adhere to the tabs. To make sure all the tabs and wings stick together, I used a bone folder to rub the folded lines. 




Onc the standing background was finished, I adhered colored images from Nautical Set, which I stamped using Memento black ink and colored with copic markers and die cut using Nautical Coordinating dies.  I also added a whale from Sea Friends set for a lovely look. 



I used glue and foam squares when needed for dimentional look. After all the images were adhered, I embellished it with 3mm sparkling sequins, and light blue sequins. 




Here's a fun look showing how the scene looks like when each wing is folded. 

Left Wing Folded


Right Wing Folded


Nautical theme has always been one of my favorites and I love this Nautical set by Pretty Pink Posh so much. It's so cute, lovely and fun to color in. 




I hope you enjoyed today's card. 
Thank you for stopping by!
REEL will be soon shared on my Instagram account. If you're interested in the process video, please check it out. 

Marge




No comments:

Post a Comment