Friday, August 12, 2022

Autumn themed cards with acorn embossed background

 Hi, friends!

Today, I have two autumn themed cards with the same background to share with you, as I had so much fun with Acorns 3D embossing folder by Tim Holtz Sizzix. 


For the background panel, I trimmed heavy weight cold press watercolor paper into A2 size, then I ran it through my Big Shot with Acorns 3D texture embossing folder. Because the texture created on heavyweight paper by this 3D embossing folder was good enough by itself, I decided not to color it. Instead, I added gold & red gold metallic ink splatters all over the panel for interest then set it aside.
 


Next, I die cut various colored cardstock paper using Sizzix Tim Holtz Pumpkin Duo Colorize Dies set
For each diecut, I similar but deeper colors of inks to the original cardstock along the edges for a saturated look. Then, I layered them one by one using a glue to compose pumpkin duo. 


By matting rich orange colored cardbase to the white panel, more autumn mood was created.
Sentiments were chosen from Pumpkin Spice Season stamp set by Simon Says Stamp, heat embossed in white on dark paper, and foam-mounted on the top.  Some gold sequins as a final touch! 


Here's my second card with fall themed, yet a softer look.


Since SSS STAMPtember is coming in Next month, I decided to play along with previous STAMPtember release before I enjoy new ones. So I pulled out this Pumpkin Spice Season stamp set which was part of the STAMPtember 2020. 



I stamped the images on 90lb Neenah White using a brown ink, then I colored in them with my Copic Marker. I took care to pick soft colors as I had colored the background panel with light blue, olive green and gray inks using blending brushes. I also had chosen a piece of pattern paper with similar color palette to th panel. 


  


For a soft vintage look, I sponged all the edges of two panels lighgly with Tea Dye ink. I also added gold splatters over the acorns background. 

 

After the stamps images were adhered to make a scene, I added 3mm sparkling sequins and a few iridescent sequins onto the front as a final touch. 



That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed how the same dry embossed panel look different in the two cards. 


I'm entering these to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is Spritz and Splatter. 


Thank you for stopping by. 

Have a great day!


Marge



No comments:

Post a Comment