Saturday, August 20, 2022

Autumn Wreath Cards with Watercolor Backgrounds


Hi, friends!
Today, I've got two cards using the same wreath stamps set but with different color palettes to share with you.


For today's cards I used products from The Greetery, which had been sleepling in my stash for years. I was happy to finally play with my unused supplies! 

I started with stamping the Bountiful Wreath on the Bountiful Wreath die-cuts using Altenew's dye inks. 


For the background, I trimmed Cold press watercolor paper into A2 size and then watercolored the center lightly using a wet in wet technique. 


After the panels were dried up, I cut them with Crimped Frame Die. I then positioned wreath cuts on the panels to guide stamping sentiments through the wreath holes. After sentiments were stamped, I put the wreath cuts aside, splattered with black and gold inks over the panels and let them dry. 



For the first card, I chose pink & yellow background for the mint-leafy wreath. I adhered the wreath using foam adhesives and added ivory twine ribon on the left upper part of the wreath. 


Once the wreath was adhered, I added white gel pen details onto the images.



For a soft look, I chose Cream colored cardbase. By adding 3mm sparkling sequins around the wreath, I finished it. 



Now, the remained green panel and red leafy wreath were combined for the second card. 


The steps were almost the same with the first card except that I used clear drops instead of sequins as I just wanted to give a little changes. 



The soft colored watercolor background and bright colored stamped images seem to go well together, right ? I could feel very relaxed while doing this simple watercoloring, and I love the final outcomes. Hope you'll like them, too.




That's it for today! 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a great weekend!

Marge 









No comments:

Post a Comment