Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Simple Christmas Cards ideas with ink blending

Hi, friends!
Today, I'm going to share simple Christmas card designs using ink blending. Today's post features Layered Tree Dies from Pretty Pink Posh and premium dye inks from Simon Says Stamp


Since Simon Says Stamp has showcased new assortments of it's inks collection, I would recommend to take a look at them again :)


To begin my cards, I diecut trees out of Neenah Texture White paper and green colored plaid paper. I then inked edges of green diecut using Beanstock Green ink and a blending tool. I glued the layers and then rounded gold chain around the trees and set them aside.



For my first card I used Audrey Blue, Surf Blue, Scuba and Mint on Bristol paper. 
I then splattered with White Gouache and brilliant gold from Prima Metallic Accents.



I stamped a sentiment from Caroling Critters set and I foam mounted my tree on the panel. To express ornaments on tree, I adhered various colors of Pretty Pink Posh jewels


For my second card's background, I used Cotton Candy, Rosie Cheeks, and Coral Reef.




For splatters, I used White Gouache and Celestial from Prima Metallic Accents. I also added more snowy details by using a white gel pen



That's it from me for today.
I've shown how to make soft colored background by using some of my favorite inks and I love how Layered Tree Dies set lets us make quick & pretty christmas cards. 
Hope you will like them, too. 
By the way, which one would you prefer? 😂 


Thanks for your stopping by!
Have a great day. 

Marge ♡

Entering challenges :

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #413 - Make your own background.

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterened Paper November Challenge.








2 comments:

  1. Marge they are fabulous … I do think I like the white... no, the green! wait! OH I wouldn't mind finding either in my mailbox!!! lol
    Wherever did you find this darling tiny 'garland!?'
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, yet extremely stylish cards :D love the snowy background...you created such happy scenes :D Thank you for playing with us at Crafting With Friends XXX

    ReplyDelete