Thursday, July 14, 2022

Watercolor Striped Floral Card

 Hi, everyone!

These days, I've been cleaning my craft desk, re-organizing stamps and tools after a long break. Meanwhile, I found bunch of remnant scraps such as colored pieces, diecuts, colored background panels, which had been left from my precious works. You know how difficult it is to discard those things even after you finish your cards ! 

So, today, I decided to utilize the scraps that have been sleeping in my stash for years to make a new card. 


For design composition, I placed a few floral pieces and a label diecut on a watercolor striped panel. 


I then stamped sentiment from Moment of Grace using Gina K Black dye ink  . I adhered the pieces using glue and foam tapes to create dimensional look. 


At the last step of assembly, I decided not to use the smaller bloom. So this is the final look.  I added some white and gold splatters all over the panel and then let them dry.




I then mounted the panel onto a cardbase using foam tape, embellished it with gold and sparkling sequins. 


I love how the green watercolored stripes panel goes well with the floral images. I think I need to make more watercolor stripes for my future cards. 



The floral images are from Delicate Flowers Stamp & Die set. The beautiful blooms and leaves in this set are big enough to color easily and they also have elegant outlines, which I love so much. 



The floram images had been colored with  Altenew Watercolor Brush Markers, but I don't remember what paints I used for stripe panel, lols. 


Well, that's it for today. 

Thank you for reading today's post. I'm entering this card to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is " Make your own background ". 

Have a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. Marge, your composition is wonderful! Isn't it nice to find a home for those stashed-away goodies? Gorgeous water-colored flowers - one was the perfect number today! Love the variety of colors in their leaves!
    Have a wonderful weekend! This post landed in my inbox perfectly! Thanks!
    =]

    ReplyDelete