Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Frame It




Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anniversary/Wedding Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Frame It 


We are showcasing Memory Box Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store



Here is my card for the challenge inspiration. I used Under the Scene Collage Craft Die from Memory Box.



I started off my card by stamping Under The Sea Animals on 80lb Neenah White paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and colored them with copic markers. I used my Scan N Cut to cut the images, but you can use Under The Sea Animals Coordinating Dies.

Next, I cut a piece of 110 Neenah White paper using Under the Scene Collage Craft Die and Wonky Rectangles Dies. For the background panel, I ink blended a piece of Bristol Paper with Distress Oxide Inks : Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Broken China.
I also colored the small diecuts made from Under the Scene Collage Craft Die with copic markers.



In order to assemble a shaker, I glued a piece of acetate film on the backside of the panel, then I adhered foam tapes around the window. I also gluded two sea creatures and a few sequins on the ink blended background panel so that the animals look like they are under the sea.


To fill the shaker, I used old and new Pretty Pink Posh Sequins : Mermaid MixAquamarine Seed BeadsSparkling Clear Seed Beads4mm Sea Breeze4mm Aquamarine and 6mm Aquamarine3mm Sparkling Clear.



Once I assembled my shaker, I put it on a navy card base I made using Neenah Texture Navy card stock. Then I foam mounted Under The Sea Animals, and a sentiment from Messages For Everyday, which was heat embossed in white using Wow Opaque Bright Super Fine embossing powder. As a final embellishment, I added Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix and Mermaid Sequins Mix.



So now it's YOUR turn.
Happy Crafting !
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.
New creations only, please don't link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.





Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !

There are fabulous Giveaways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog, if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out.




Thank you so much for your stopping by and reading this. Have a wonderful day.



Marge ♡

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful vibrant colors, Marge! Love the scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun, love the scene you have created so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Marge :-) the whole underwater scene is fabulous, love the cute little fishes :-) The whole design is awesome! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is adorable! I love all the little sea critters and that background die is perfect! You did an amazing job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love your under water shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Marge! The scene you have created is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fabulous... though I cannot swim a stroke, I LOve going to an Aquarium, which is represented on your card beautifully!
    [and isn't it fun that we both used a snail today?!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marge, this is such a beautiful and colorful card! I love the underwater scene you've created -- much like an aquarium. And the star fish and snail are darling! What a wonderful die that really adds such interest. Beautifully colored and such a fun shaker card! I love it, Marge! Sending hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun design. I love how you made a shaker out of the frame. And the coloring on the critters is so beautiful! It is peak summer here in India so I am imagining beach and ocean and snorkelling because of your card. You are wonderfully talented. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the most unique framed cards I've ever seen and I love the underwater scene! The fish are cute but that snail is a total hoot! Wonderful idea, great design and an exceptional card on top of it all! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marge I am in LOVE with this! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW love your under the sea card, what brilliant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete