Monday, April 2, 2018

[Simon Says Stamp] Watercoloring Cosmos background, Part II

Hi,there!
I'm going to share a watercolor card today, featuring Cosmos Background Cling Stamps from Simon Says Stamp.


I acutally made the similar card before, when I had another stamped panel left after I had finished it. 
I've been keeping it in my stash, and I finally had a free time to play with it again.
As the previous card was colored in red & violet , I decided to try blue colors this time.


The first step is stamping it using versafine onyx black ink onto a heavy weight watercolor paper. I used 300g/m^2 cold pressed paper here.
Because the stamped image was 6×6 inch sized,  I trimmed the panel into 4×5.25 inch, then started watercoloring.


I used my favorite Daniel Smith Watercolor Paints including Phthalo Turquoise,  Ultramarine Turquoise, Quimacridone Burnt Orange as background colors for petals. I also added shades of other colors to give it visual interest.



Sentiment was chosen from Altenew Adore You Stamp set and was heat embossed on a vellum strip.


After I was aatisfied with all the colors and shades, I foam mounted the panel onto a card base, adhered some Pretty Pink Posh Jewels ( Buttercream & Aquamarine) as an embellishment.




Have you enjoyed my post? 
Here is the previous card I colored, which has been my favorite card so far. I love it so much and now I need to choose what to favor, lols. Which one would you prefer? :)
If you are interested in the red one, you can read the post here.



Thanks for reading this.
Hope you will enjoy your day!

Marge♡


Challenge entry : Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment