Monday, April 23, 2018

[Altenew] Yellow Rose Card for spring

Hi, friends!
It's the start of a new week again.
Today, I'm sharing a yellow rose card with spring mood using Build A Flower Rose set by Altenew.
Since I'm not good at layered stamping, I wanted to do some practice and Build A Flower Rose set was my choice for it. 
Plus, who wouldn't be in love with the bold and fabulous design in this set?



I started my card by stamping solid images layer by layer on 80lb Neenah Solar paper using Alenew Dye Inks : Summer Afternoon set, Mango Smoothie, Dark Chocolate, Olive, Moss, Evergreen, Jet black.
Then I cut them all using the coordinating dies.

For smaller flowers I used copic makers in coloring them, and then I cut them using the coordinating die.



Next, I made a background panel using Cross Stitch Canvas Die from a white card stock. Then I assembled flowers and leaves on the panel using glue and foam tapes. Sentiment strip was also adhered using thin double sided foam tape. 
Finally, I adhered the panel onto A2 sized card base, and finished off the card by adding sequins. 



In this card, I used lots of bright colors simply because I wanted to feel like spring is just around by using the colors. But I'll definitely try some monochromatic colors too in my future cards. Any suggestions? 

FYI, Copic markers I used are :

B39, B06, B04, B02
V09, V06, V00
E33, E31, E41

Sequins : Pretty Pink Posh



Thanks for reading this post. Hope you enjoyed it. The big roses are so charming in both the way they look and the way I stamp multiple colors, I guess I will use this set more in the future:)

Hope your Monday will be as bright as the yellow roses!
Marge.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, What a Beautiful Spring card, I Love it. The colors are so bright and pretty they absolutely make you think of Spring. I love that you listed the Copic # that you used, that is very helpful, most people don't do that. I adore that Cross Stitch Canvas die, it is so awesome. I love Altenew stamps, I have a huge collection from them. Thanks Marge, have a Great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card and gorgeous bloom! This would definitely brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete