Thursday, April 5, 2018

[Simon Says Stamp ] Making cards using a frame die featuring Leaf Border Frame Die

Hello, there!
Hope you are having wonderful spring days.
Today I'm sharing my cards featuring Leaf Border Frame die from Simon Says Stamp. I loved this die at the very first moment I saw it after it had been released, but couldn't have had enough time to play with it.
So I'm very glad to make some cards from the die finally.


1. Tone on Tone Layering


For the first card I made tone on tone look by ink blending the diecut and background with similar colors.
Frame die was cut twice to give the card some dimensional look.

I used Bristol paper and distress inks (Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled glass, picked raspberry, mustard, twisted citron, Mowed lawn, and Lucky Clover) .



Thanks sentiment was chosen from Big Thanks Words Stamp set, and was heat embossed on a navy cardstock, then I fussycut the sentiment.



2. Layering White Frame on Colored Background




For the second card, I used different color scheme.
Background panel was distressed using yellow distress inks(Rustic hinge, Wild honey, Mustard , Fossilized amber, Squeezed lemonade).



 Other diecuts were colored with copic markers.
Sentiments & Yellow leaves: E18-YR27-YR24 -YR21
Red Leaves : R59/R39 - R29- R14


3. Making Dry Embossing Background using Frame Die


For my third card, I used Dry Embossing technique to make an embossed pattern background. Sentiments which were also included in the die set were cut twice and then glued top on top. For embellishment, I also used small blossoms from Blooming Circle Dies set . All the diecut pieces were colored with copic markers.
Sentiments : W8-W6



4. Ink Blending on Dry Embossed Background



The last card is for celebrating 9th anniversary of Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I did Dry Embossing again, then I ink blended over the panel uisng Distress Oxide Inks. I added splatters of gold pearl, dark ink, and white acrylic ink over the panel.



I heat embossed Even More Spring Flowers Set on vellum paper in gold, then colored on the back of the cuts using copic markers.
Sentiment from Big Greetings 1 set was also heat embossed.

Copic Markers are
Yellow blossom : E18-Y38, YG97-YG95
Pink Blossom : YG03-Y38-RV04
Leaves : BG18-YG03-BG15
Brown stem : E18-YR27-YR24




I'm entering this card into the current SSS Wednesday Challenge : Happy Birthday.


I'm also entering three of these cards to the SSS Flickr Challenge #94, where the theme is Ink Blending!



For all the cards, I used various colors of Pretty Pink Posh Jewels as final embellishment.

That's it for today.
I've shared four ways of using one frame die this time. Hope you enjoyed it.
Thank you my friends an have a good day !

Marge ♡










2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Marge! I'm so impressed with all the clever ways you used this die...so pretty! Beautiful ink blending, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, all so bright and colourful

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete