Thursday, August 18, 2022

Trying Gradient Watercoloring on Embossed Panels

 Hi, friends! 

Today, I have two cards which are outcome of my experiment of gradient watercoloring on dry embossed panels. 



I wondered how it would look like if I watercolor embossed panel. So I embossed heavy weight watercolor paper using Picnic Floral embossing folder and colored it the same way I shared yesterday, with my Danial Smith paints. So here's the outcome. What do you think of it?




Well.....my concolusion was this experiment was a half success. It surely gave some interesting texture to the panel but there was a big problem that the watercolor paints did not evenly spread on the paper due to irregular surface. As a result, you can see the gradiation borders are not clean and the shades in each color block are not even. If I had not intended clear lines between each color block I would have gotten better results. 



Here's my second card for which I used DS Undersea Green. 







 I loved the deep green color of Undersea Green. But watercoloring was tricker with this ink (I don't know the reason, I might have failed to control water concentration, lols), so I trimmed all the four borders by diecutting it with Antique Frame Die, and gave it a Christmas mood .






I'm in love with how the deep green, gold and white colors go very well together!




Products List :  Picnic Floral embossing folder .  Happy Birthday Brush Script die , Wreath Tag die (retired product), Rejoice Shadow dieCZ Deer In a Row DieGansai Tambi Starry Colors SetAntique Frame DieSSS Cardstock Cream Off WhiteSSS White Glitter paper, Vellum paper, snowflake diecuts, and PPP Jewels.  



Thank you for stopping by! 
I'm entering the green card into the current SSS Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Christmas. 

Have a great day.

Marge 


No comments:

Post a Comment