Saturday, August 6, 2022

Lemon Zest Shaker Card

 

Hi, all!
Today, I'm sharing a tropical themed shaker card made with mixing old and new products from Simon Says Stamp. 




To start with, I die cut Lemon Zest out of colored cardstock paper (Lemon Schiffon Yellow, Green Apple, and Sea Glass) , colored the diecuts using distress inks & dye inks and set them aside. 



Next, I cut Island Blue Cardstock into A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 inch), then I ink blended it to make night sky  with blue distress inks / dye inks until I'm happy with it.  Inks I used are Uncharted Mariner , Peacock Feather, Faded Jeans Oxide , and Galaxy. Then I made a circle window with leafy border in the middle of the panel using the Circle Leaves Dies set


 For a bottom panel of shaker, I cut a piece of Bristol paper into A2 size , then I gently brushed the center with two inks : Tumbled Glass Oxide and Squeezed Lemonade Oxide


I adhered a piece of acetate sheet on the back of the front panel, then I applied foam tapes around the circle to make a shaker well. After putting various sequins and seed beads into the well,  I covered it with the bottom panel and finished a shaker. 



Next, I adhered Lemon Zest diecuts around the shaker using glue and foam adhesives  as shown in the pictures, then I heat embossed a gorgeous sentiment from Vintage Garden in gold. I cut the block using Vintage Garden Words coordinating dies, then I adhered it on the right lower corner of the panel. 



I adhered the shaker onto a card base. Before finishing my card, I added white accents, gold and white splatters and 
Midnight Black Jewels on all over the panel for more interesting look.



  I love how the combination of dark navy panel and bright lemon/leaves make tropical night look and how it pops on the soft colored shaker background. 




Thanks for stopping by today. I also made a short video (REEL) of making this card and shared it on my Instagram account. If you're reading this post on your desktop, you can click the widget on the right to check my IG account. You don't want to miss it! 

Have a great weekend.

Marge 

No comments:

Post a Comment