Tuesday, August 23, 2022

SSS Take Note Watercolor card

 

Hi, friends!

Hoping that Back To School theme card is not so late, I made this card featuring SSS Take Note Stamp set. I wanted to test my Karin Brushmarker Pro set which is composed of 60 colors and rainbow-coloring was a perfect way to try variety of colors of a set.




I trimmed a heavy-weight watercolor paper into A2 size panel, stamped images from SSS Take Note using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then I colored in the images with Karin Brushmarker.




After coloring was done, I added white gel pen details, stamped sentiment on the top of the panel, then die cut it with Postage Stamp Edge Frame Die. I foam mounted my panel onto a piece of pink colored pattern paper, and adhered them onto a card base. As finishing touch, I added rainbow colored sequins around the images. 



 Karin Brushmarker Pro has such pretty colors in it and most colors are very bright and highly saturated as you can see in my card. I think it's very unique and fun watercoloring medium as well. If you're interested more in it, I had shared another card using the set years ago, so check it out here
However, they were very prone to bleed, so you need to be careful to use small amount of ink for each coloring. Here's a closer look at it.  


Besides, some colors were not matching the index colors of each cap, which made me confused. Preparing a color chart seemed necessary. I also had to move quickly to blend and mix different colors because they dried soon once painted. I think I'll get better results if I'm experienced to this medium, use blenders in the set other than usual water-brush, paint less amount of ink, and practice more. 


That's it for today. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Have a great day.

Marge



No comments:

Post a Comment