Sunday, August 28, 2022

SSS Cosmos Bloom Cards

 Hi, friends!

Today, I'm going to share two simply designed cards featuring Cosmos Bloom Die from Simon Says Stamp.



I started with die-cutting several Cosmos Blooms out of watercolor paper, then I lightly watercolored the diecuts using my Daniel Smith Watercolor paints : Moonglow, Phthalo Turquoise, and Phthalo Blue. For backgrounds, I colored lower half of watercolor paper using a wet-in-wet technique. For some streaky look, I held the panel stand obliquely and let the watered-down ink run down and let them dry. I added some splatters of darker ink. 





Next, I adhered colored cosmos blooms along the diagonal border of my panel. For a dimentional look, the bloom in the center was adhered with foam adhesives. 


 A sentiment from Sketched Flowers set was stamped and then I added a lot of white & metallic gold ink splatters all over the panel. As a finigh touch, light purple colored jewels were added. 




The second card was also finished in a similar way. It's a gratitude card this time. 




I chose sentiment from CZ 30 Days of Thankful and the blush jewels were used. I think the font of the sentiment goes very well with the simple design of this card. 




Watercoloring die-cuts is a very easy and fun technique and it extends your card designs as well. I hope you enjoyed my cards for today. 

 Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a great day!

Marge




No comments:

Post a Comment