Friday, August 12, 2022

SSS Peony Bundle Card - watercoloring on dry embossed panel

Hi, all! 
Today I'm sharing a vintage floral card with you made with a gorgeous embossing folder Poeny Bundle, which is part of a SSS Holly Jolly Release in 2020. 



I dry-embossed a piece of heavy weight cold press watercolor paper using Poeny Bundle, then I colored the poped up images using distress ink reinkers( main colors are Picked RaspberryPeacock Feathers, and Seedless Preserves) . 
After I finished coloring, I ink blended the background with distress inks Antique Linen, Tea dye, then I stamped subtle texts and then again I added shades around the panel edges using Vintage Photo and Black Shoot . Next, I splattered with white gouache, black, violet and gold metalic inks all over the panel and let them dry. 



For more interesting look, I decided to go with an easel shape on my card. I made a cardbase by trimming Kraft Woodgrain Cardstock into 4.25"x11" size, scored lines at 5.5" and 8.25"  along the 11" side. To make sure the front cover folds and keeps well in standing position like an easel, I adhered message block in the middle of the inner surface of cardbase with dimension using foam square tapes



I also added more sentiments and floral images from Moments of Grace Stamp set inside the cardbase using a brown ink. 



 Gold and black sentiments are from Tim Holtz Ideaology Metallic Sticker Book.
 




 Thank you for reading today's post. 
I'm entering it into the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is Spritz and Splatter. ! 

Have a great day!

Marge


No comments:

Post a Comment