Saturday, August 6, 2022

Simon Says Stamp August 2022 Card Kit inspiration

 Hi, all!

I finally got my parcel of SSS August Card kit a few days ago, but haven't had a quality time to play with it. 

Today, I pulled out the products and quickly made three cards. No difficult techniques or layouts at all. 

Just stamping, light coloring, and diecutting, which are basic elements of cardmaking were used. 

I think the August card kit is perfect for making some sympathy cards. Love the tone down colors and elegant letters in the stamp set. 



  For the first card, I die cut the pattern papers included in the kit and some colored vellum paper with Stitched Dress Up Tag dies and Wavy Scallop Stitches Border Die. I layered each piece using glue and foams. 
Sentiment was heat embossed in heat using the silver embossing powder which was also the kit element. For a neat and elegant look of sentiments blocks, I purchased additional coordinating dies set for them and I'm very happy with how they look :) 




For the second card, I stamped floral images in the Vintage Garden Set all around the outlines of white panel with a brown ink, (Memento Rich Cocoa) , then I colored in the images using my Copic Markers. 

Blue : B97-B95-B93-B91
Brown leaves : E49-E47-E44-E42



I then gave it more texture by running the colored panel through my Big Shot in Picnic Floral embossing folder . Well....it was kind of going out my comfort zone. I would say adding textures by dry-embossing to a colored panel makes some interesting look. 



For the last card, I didn't give any texture to the panel. Just stamping and coloring in the same way as the 2nd one finished a gorgeous look of floral background. I love the autumn colors in my today's card. How about you? 



Copic colors I used are : BG78/BG75/BG72/BG70 for leaves, E47/E44/E42/E41 for flowers

I also shared a REEL of making these three cards on my Instagram account(@marge.crafts). If you're interested in it, please click the IG widget on the right column of this blog ( with PC mode) to check it out. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Have a great weekend.

Marge 






No comments:

Post a Comment