Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Gradient Watercolor Background Card

 

Hi, all! 

Today, I did a fun watercolor experiment, which was making a gradient watercolor background. 

I had wanted to do it for so long, but hadn't had a free time to do. So I was very happy to finally be able to do some watercolor works. 



First, I pulled out Arches cold press watercolor paper and started with light watercoloring on the top of the panel. I let it dry, then I colored the lower part with the same watercolor paint but giving more pigment by controlling water amount. I repeated the process.



 Once the gradient watercolor panel was finished, I die cut it using Antique Frame by Penny Black and set it aside. Next, I watercolored a floral image from Dear Friend Stamp, die cut it using Dear Friend Coordinating die.



  I also made more diecuts from Believe It and Berry Branch for today's card and then I splattered with white and gold metallic inks over the panel and diecuts. The finished panel with all the diecuts and twine was foam mounted on a card base.



 Watercolor inks I used for today's card are Ultra turquoise(panel), New Gamboge, Quinacridone Sienna, Sap Green (flower) from Daniel Smith. 



That's it for today. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Have a great day.


Marge
















No comments:

Post a Comment