Friday, December 2, 2022

PPP Stencil Background Holiday Card

 


Hi, friends!

I've got a stencil background holiday card to share with you today. 


I started this card with Layered Winter Foliage Stencil. I applied regular distress inks on the watercolor cardstock through the stencil and slightly water-brushed the images for a watercolor look. Doing this, I watercolored the ones with pale shades using the same distress inks. I repeated this for each stencil layer. Distress inks I used are Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs, Lucky Clover, and Lumberjack Plaid.



Next, I splattered the stencil panel with white gouache and metallic inks gold/black then I trimmed it into A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 inch) . I die cut Scallops Oval from the another watercolor paper to make center frames and adhered them on the stencil panel using foam adhesives. You can see that I used thicker adhesives with the larger frame, and thinner with the smaller for dimensional look.


Next to the foliages, I die-cut Winter Foliage from various colored cardstocks and added more shades using dye inks. I also added splatters of gold metallic ink and white gouache on them. 


Next, I adhered the foliages around the oval frames, layered a piece of vellum sheet with "Joy" letter from Pine Wreath Set, which was heat embossed in gold, then I added a pine  cone and other foliages around the banner. As a final touch, I adhered a red ribbon from Pine Wreath Set on the top of the frame. 






That's it for me for today. Thank you for stopping by.

Happy December!

MARGE





No comments:

Post a Comment