Thursday, December 1, 2022

SSS DieCember® 2022 Inspirations


Hi, friends!

It's been a while since my last post. I've been having recurred back & neck problems so it's been hard to sit on for crafting.  I'm trying to get healthy again doing some stretching and exercise.  



It's finally the release day for Simon Says Stamp DieCember® 2022 and I'm going to share several cards with you today.



These days, I enjoy ink blending on colored cardstock as it creates unique shades compared to inking of white paper. In this first card, I picked Cream cardstock and made a front window panel using Foliage Circle Die. I then colored foliage with Copic Markers. For sentiment, I stamped a sentiment from Greetings Mix 1 set with Versafine Clair Nocturne.   


For backdrop, I added Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick to Cream cardstock piece using Large Blending Brushes. I used thin foam adehsive to adhere the front window and backdrop panels, then I added splatters of Metallic Gold and white gouache.  



My second card was made in a very similar way to the first one. For different color schemes, I added Peacock Feathers , Dried Marigold, and Spiced Marmalade onto Cream cardstock. For the sentiment, I simply adhered a strip from Reverse The Best Friends set.  


For embellishment, I adhered Glitter Drops Aqua and Blush

The next two cards are featuring Joy To You Cover Plate Die



 I made colorful strips with 0.75 inch width by trimming colored cardstocks : Lemon Chiffon, Cotton Candy, Green Apple, Peacock Teal, Schoolhouse Red, and Midnight Green. I then arranged them onto a sticky sheet to make a strip patten background. Next, I die cut it with Joy To You Cover Plate Die to made a fun window panel. 



Next, I added white Joy To You diecut on the back of striped panel to hold the strips in place and I adhered acetate sheet for shaker window. Then I applied foam adhesives around each letter cut, put sparkling gold seed beads and sequins into them, and closed the shaker with a piece of Fog Gray




For the second card, I ink blended  Joy To You diecut in blue and orange, then I added gold accents onto all borders. For this, I simply applied Versamark Ink onto the edges, and gold embossing powder and used a heat tool to melt them.  



I also added gold accents with Glitter Paper Copper diecuts and Glitter drops Butterscotch.  The backdrop pattern paper is from Craft Corsortium Tartan 6x6 paper pack. For the tags, I used Stitched Dress Up Tags, and I adhered letters I got from Joy To You diecutting, which I colored using Copic markers. 







I love this new velvet cardstock set so much! They were cut easily when diecutting and the smooth surface texture made the cards look special! In this first card below, I dry-embossed Denim Velvet Luxury Cardstock withGilded Ornamental Embossing Folder, die-cut the coordinating Ornamental frame from Glitter Paper Gold, and Silver and adhered them using glue and foam adhesive. Sentiment was also cut from gold glitter paper and vellum sheet using Rejoice Shadow Waffer Die. For more glitter accents, I embellished it with Glitter drops Ruby and Butterscotch.


I made a shaker for the second card. I fussy cut acetate film using the negative cut of Gilded Ornamental die as a cutting guide, then I adhered the film on the back of Gilded Ornamental diecut frame to compose a window. I placed various gold and red sequins on the center of Gilded Ornamental embbosed panel made with Navy Velvet Cardstock, then I placed window frame onto them using foam ahesives. 


The sentiment is from Believe Shadow Die. As a final touch, I added ribbon with gold accents and Glitter drops Butterscotch.




Now, the last card for today features Sweet Tooth Bears set.



I colored the images using my Copic Markers. I used my Scan N Cut machine to cut the images but you can use coordinating dies set. 
For backdrop panel of infinity shaker, I used Iconic Christmas Stencil to add light pink and teal colors.  For soft color palette, I mainly used Easter Confetti Mix to fill in the shaker pouch. 





That's it for me for today. 
Thank you for stopping by.
Happy DieCember® and Happy Crafting ! 

Marge

No comments:

Post a Comment