Sunday, October 2, 2022

Watercolor Fall Foliage Cards - Pretty Pink Posh

 Hi, friends! 

Today, I've got two cards to share with you, and they're all about watercoloring of die-cuts. I used fabulous Fall Foliage Dies by Pretty Pink Posh



I started by diecutting all the Fall Foliage Dies out of watercolor paper. Since I didn't separate each element of this dies set, I could easily make various diecuts by just one diecutting. 


Next I watercolored all the diecuts using my Mijello Mission Gold watercolor paints. After coloring was done, I aadd splatters of each ink onto the diecuts. 


For the background, I trimmed a piece of same watercolor paper into 3.75x5 inch, and then I painted the center in light grey, added splatteres of black  and gold ink. When they're all dry, I adhered foliages onto the panel using glue and glue dots. Next I distressed all the edges using a distresser. Once again, I splattered with gold and white inks all over the assembled panel and let them dry. 


I wrapped the lower part of the panel with  two strings of twine and tied them in a bow.  The sentiment cut from Woodland Thanks Stamp set were foam mounted using foam adhesives. I foam mounted the panel onto a cardbase, adhered 3mm Sparkling Sequins and finished off my card. 






Moving on to my second card, I decided to use a basket to put foliages into it.  I die cut Easter Basket Dies out of watercolor paper and water-colored it in red-brown. 


Other processes are quite similar with the first card. I adhered the basket with dimension by using square foam adhesives, then I sticked colored foliages into the basket one by one using glue or glue dots. 



I love the natural mood from this red brown basket and it looks like a basket of flowers! 




Coloring of diecuts has become my favorite way of cardmaking these days. Because they're big enough and they have no visible lines actually, you don't have to worry about coloring mistakes. It's very fun and an easy way to add some beautiful colors to your cards. If you're not confident with coloring, I would recommend you to try coloring of diecuts first! (not stamped images) 



There are several ways of coloring the diecuts including copic markers, ink bleding, using colored cardstock with addition of a little shades or watercoloring like today's cards. I had shared a post where I showed copic coloring of the same foliage die cuts a while ago (Click here to read that post). So, this time I chose watercoloring and I think watercoloring goes very well with autumn design due to its comfy and loose feelings. 





Thank you for stopping by and reading this post. I'm also sharing a REEL of making these cards on my IG account (@marge.crafts) . Hope you'll enjoy it too. 


Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment