Thursday, September 5, 2019

On Stamp Going #2 - Cosmos autumn greetings card


Hi, everyone!
I hope you are enjoying the pleasant autumn weather. Today, I'm sharing an autumn greeting card as the 2nd project for On_Stamp_Going.



If you don't know what it is, here's a brief summary. On_Stamp_Going (OSG) is a local stamp art community, where 19 members, each with her own unique styles, gather together sharing their works on a monthly basis.Each month, we're given the same items  and should make one project using them with mandatory use of more stamps & dies of ourselves.  Here are what I was given this time. 


Sizzix Bigz Pocket Watch Frame diecut, Whimsy Stamp Into the Farm, mini-pearls sticker and a metal label frame. 
How exciting to think of that there will be 19 unique projects based on these same items?? 
So here goes my card :) 


I started by diecutting the watch frame using Filigree Wreath Die to make some patterns on it. As the diecut was made of kraft paper, I needed white background to add some colors. So I applied White Gesso using my brush and then after the gesso was dried, I colored it with some distress paints : Weathered Wood, Peacock Feathers, Tattered Rose. I used a heat tool to dry the inks up, then I added more tan shades around the edges using distess ink Vintage Photo.



The large stamped panel was also colored with some yellow & brown distress inks & distress oxide inks. I then spritzed with Bronze Mica Spray.
Next, I cut SSS Cosmos Stem Die and an Italic watch (made by Marianne Design) from watercolor paper, then I colored cosmoses using my Zig Clean Brush markers and the watch with distress inks Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Saphire and Vintage Photo.




For all my diecuts and panel, I splattered with white gouache and various colors of pearl inks using the Prima Metallic Accents.
I also brushed Wink of Stella Clear onto the flowers and clock hand to give fine glittery texture. 



After I assembled layers and adhered flowers around the watch, I glued the metal label frame on the lower part, then I insered a piece of sentiment chosen from SSS Greetings Mix 1 set.


The very last step was to add some pearl stickers and ribbon. Do you see the violet colored pearl on the label frame? I added this color onto thw white pearl with Smooch Accent Ink Dusk and I love how it came out! 



Thank you for reading this long post. 
I'm entering this into the current Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge(#SSSIGChallenge) where theme is "Fall" and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is "Something Clear". My card would fit into the theme as I used Glitter Clear Wink of Stella on my card ;)


Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment