Saturday, April 13, 2019

SSS Blossoms and Butterflies Release Inspiration


Hi, friends!
Have you seen the new Blossoms and Butterflies Release from Simon Says Stamp? It's full of awesome products as always! 
Today, I'm going to share three cards to share with you featuring some of the new release items. 






For my first card, I made a stenciled background by ink-blending of Distress Oxide inks Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoons and Twisted Citron through Stencil Mesh, then I stamped sentiments from Comfort and Prayers Stamp set on the left upper corner of the panel. 


I created a floral scene by combining colored images from Mandy's Flowers and Comfort and Prayers Stamp set, which were colored with Copic Markers. 
After I adhered my images on the panel using foam adhesives, I added Clear Droplets to embellish the card. 


I love how the flowers and butterflies look well with the stenciled background and I really love the sentiment which would calm someone's mind when they are sad or frustrated. It surely did the same to me myself. Here are some other photos from different angles.


FYI, major Copic marker numbers I used are R46-43-R32-R30, RV29-RV25-RV23-RV21, V17-V15-V12-V000, Y38-Y35, B06-B04-B02-B00, etc. The gray tin pail was colored with Tonic Nuvo alcohol markers 491-489-487-485. 






For my second card, I used Distress Oxide inks Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade, and I simply adhered two layers of Dahlia Corner Frame Die cut made of a gold mirror cardstock on the left lower corner of my panel. 


The sentiment was chosen from Moments of Grace Stamp set. Then I added butterflies from Comfort and Prayers Stamp and Plantiful Puns Stamp set around the frame. 


I used the same embellishment as the first one: 4mm Clear Droplets and 6mm Clear Droplets


Here's my third card for today, which features Lotus Frame Die from the new release. 



The bottom layer was made of Stitched Whirl Background Die and Ivory card stock, the middle layer was cut with Wrapped Scalloped Rectangle Die, and then I adhered three layers of Lotus Frame Diecuts which had been glued together using Multimedium matte



Thanks for reading, today. I hope you enjoyed my cards and I hope you will enjoy the new release.
Have fun!


Marge

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marge! I have missed you at SCS so thought I would come see what have been up to! These three cards are beautiful, colorful, and so well done. I want that stencil! Wonderful creations. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge, your cards are exquisite! I love the beautiful colors, and what a wonderful way to use the stencil. I love them all, sweet friend! Hugs and love to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete