Friday, June 15, 2018

[Simon Says Stamp] June 2018 Card Kit inspirarion

Hi, there!
Today I'm sharing my cards I made with June 2018 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.



All the items are so charming that I didn't know what to start at first, anyway here are my cards. I tried to use only in-kit items to make cards so I refrained myself from using other dies or stamps.




[ Card 1 ]



I cut a piece of design paper into 3.75x5.25 and other piece of paper into 0.5x5.25 inch. I made an A2 card base using Peacock Teal Card Stock which was included in the kit. Then I adhered smaller piece of paper on the left side of the base, and then larger piece using foam tapes. I heat embossed a sentiment from Beautiful Flowers Set on black card stock and foam mounted the sentiment strip on the right side of a card. Finished off the card by adding Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix.



[ Card 2 ]


I chose a blue sky paper and trimmed it into A2 size. I stamped "HAPPY" from Beautiful Flowers Set using a light blue dye ink, and then I colored it with copic markers (B39-B06-B04-B02). Other black sentiments were stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
After I adhered the panel onto card base made with Cornflower Blue Card Stock included in the kit, I added some blue sequins and  Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix.

[ Card 3 ]



I picked a watercolor feel design paper and ran it through my big shot in Botanical 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder. Then I ink blended the elevated surface slightly using distress inks Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, and Cracked Pistachio.
I made a long sentiment strip using scraps of Peacock Teal Card Stock and Beautiful Flowers Set and foam mounted it on the lower part of the panel. I also colored a blossom and leaves from Beautiful Flowers Set with copic markers(BG18~BG10, G29-G07-YG03-YG01), fussy cut them and put them on the top of the sentiment strip.  I added some Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix, 6mm & 4mm Ballerina Pink from Pretty Pink Posh.

[ Card 4 ]



I used basically the same way as of Card No.3 but I went with clean look this time. I used a ultrathick white card stock included in the kit to make a Botanical 3D Texture Fades Embossing pattern. Sentiment "LOVE &HUGS" was heat embossed in white on a black strip, blossom was colored in pink (Copic No : RV17-RV14-RV13-RV11-RV10), all stamps from Beautiful Flowers Set.


[ Card 5 ]



I trimmed a piece of pastel colored stripes design paper into A2 size first. I heat embossed a large bouquet from Beautiful Flowers Set on thick vellum paper using white embossing powder, then I cut it into 4.5x5.25 inch. I scored the vellum piece at 0.25inch along the 4.25 side and folded it along the scored line so that the 0.25 inch part would be used as attaching side to the back of panel.


Once I adhered the vellum cover to the design paper, I put them on a white card base. Then I foam mounted a sentiment strip made from Beautiful Flowers Set. As a final embellishment, I added 4mm Metallic Rose gold6mm Metallic Rose Gold sequins and Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix from Pretty Pink Posh.


[ Card 6 ]



When I saw the purple paper with large balloons on it, I decided to go with a big frame shaker. I cut the paper into A2 size, stamped a sentiment from  Beautiful Flowers Set on the cloud next to a balloon, and then I adhered 4mm & 6mm Lavender Moon Sequins on the top area of the panel. To make a shaker frame, I diecut 120# ultrathick white card stock using Scallop Frames dies, adhered acetate film on the back, then thin foam tapes. I used thin foam tapes to make shaker this time because I wanted my sequins to move little so that I could give the card calm mood.



The in-shaker elements are as follows :
 Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix3mm Sparkling Clear Sequins , 4mm and 6mm Lavender Moon, Sparkling Clear Snowflakes, Mini Circle Confetti, Purple Seed Beads , Pewter Seed Beads, Lilac Seed Beads, Sparkling Clear Seed Beads, Aquamarine Seed Beads.

I really love how my sequins and beads mixtures completed dreamy and soft purple color palette , so this is my own best of today :)


[ Card 7 ]



I watercolored a piece of Suzy's paintable prints included in the kit using my Zig Clean Brush Markers. Then I cut it using Stitched Shapes Dies, and adhered it onto Slate Gray card base. I embellished the card by adding 3mm Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


[ Card 8 ]



I stamped a large bouquet from Beautiful Flowers Set on 300g cold press watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, then I simply watercolored it using the three Daniel Smith Watercolor Paints dots included in the kit- Aureolin Cobalt Yellow, Quinacridone Red, and Prussian Blue .



At this point, I used only the three colors in the kit to make these various colors by mixing them up with different ratio. Here's the photo of sampler palette after I finished my watercoloring. Isn't it amazing that all these colors came from just 3 inks?


After I finished watercoloring, I splattered with Prussian Blue ink (included in the kit sample) and White acrylic ink over the panel, and then I stamped sentiments from the same stamp set : Beautiful Flowers Set.



I foam mounted the panel onto card base I made using Simon Smoke Card Stock, which was also included in the kit. As a final embellishment, I added 4mm Metallic Rose gold6mm Metallic Rose Gold sequins, Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix and3mm Sparkling Clear Sequins  from Pretty Pink Posh.


[ Card 9 ]



My last card for today was made very simple! I diecut a piece watetcolor flower pattern paper using Scallop Borders 2 Die, then I adhered it onto a card base made with Cornflower Blue Card Stock included in the kit. I stamped sentiments from Beautiful Flowers Set on empty space, and then I rounded Ivory Twine on the top. I finished off the card by adding Sparkling Clear Sequins Mix from Pretty Pink Posh.

So now I've finished my nine photos gallery!♡
Did you enjoy them?




I really appreciate your patience to read this long post.
Have a lovely day ;)
Marge♡


3 comments:

  1. Wow Marge, your cards are gorgeous! I'm utterly shocked that you don't have a ton of comments here. I really enjoyed the individual photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick a favorite as they are all beautiful and unique!TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are amazing! I really enjoyed the post and the "how to's" on each!

    ReplyDelete