Saturday, January 25, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Peony Bouquet Stencil Cards-SSS Hey Bestie

Hi, friends! I hope you're having a happy weekend after a long and busy week has ended up. I haven't had enough time to sit on my chair enjoying lots of craftt goodies from my recent orders this week, but I managed to make two cards using the beautiful Peony Bouquet Stencil from Simon Says Stamp HeyBestie Release. 



The stencil is so popular that it's on reserve until Jan 30th at Simon Store, so you can get it after then. When I first got this stencil on my hands, the petals were so nice and open that I decided to do stencil first and to add more colors and shades by using watetcolor paints and/or colored pencils. 



I started by trimming heavyweight cold press watercolor paper and then I put the 
Peony Bouquet Stencil onto the paper and brushed dye inks through the stencil. I used Altenew's December 2019 new dye inks and Simon's Blender Brushes when stenciling. 


For my first card, I colored the stenciled images using my Daniel Smith watercolor paints then I added nooks and cranies with my prismacolor polychromo pencils. Here are a couple photos of coloring in progress.


It's so fun to see how they change as I keep adding shades!



After coloring was done, I trimmed the panel into A2 size, then I heat embossed a sentiment from Greetings Mix 1 set in gold. 



I foam mounted the panel into a white card base, added nuvo drops on each center of blossoms and embellished my card using some sequins.



For my second card, I only added pencil details onto the stenciled images for a softer look. 

Since I used hot pressed watercolor paper which has smoother surface than cold press, pencil coloring on this second card was a little easier than the first one. The sentiment is from Sketched Flowers Set


I foam mounted the panel onto Neenah Desert Storm Card base and added final touch with some jewels and sequins. 


Thank you for readinf this post. I hope you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Marge

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge! I just love your cards... I especially love the bit of contrasting color you've added to the petal tips. Your nooks, and crannies are wonderful - what a wonderful student you are!
    Since mentioning lessons, did you watch Kathy's video? She has such a laid back way of explaining her lessons, doesn't she? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete