Monday, January 13, 2020

Floral Cards with Stamp Layering Techniques -Altenew Antique Roses

Hi, friends!
These days, I enjoy playing with unused craft products I purchased a while ago. When I have free time, I sit down in front of my crafty stash and think about what to choose to play with. Today, I chose some gorgeous floral stamps and new dye inks from Altenew.




I started by stamping Antique Roses on a sheet of 80lb Neenah White paper using dye inks mini cubes SugarPlums, Tranquility, Cool Summer NightCoffee Break, and Warm Gray. I then cut the blossoms and leaves using Antique Roses Coordinating Dies and set them aside.




For my first card, I diecut a Leaf Frame and gently colored it using the same SugarPlums inks and then I adhered it onto another slightly colored panel. I splattered with a couple of colors of Metallic Accents and let them dry. Once the panel was done, I arranged purple blossoms and brown leaves onto the left lower corner giving them dimensions using glue and foam tapes.


I was wondering what sentiments to add to the card, then I selected a sticker from Just A Little Lovely Embellishment Pack, which has the same color palette.  I foam mounted the sticker to the Right top corner and I added a ribbon made of purple baker's twine. 



For my second card, I followed the Pantone Color of the year 2020, which is Classic Blue.


 I cut a piece of blue cardstock, then I inked it using dark blue dye inks in my ink stash. The vertical lines were scored at 0.5cm intervals using a scoring board, and a sentiment from Crafty Greetings was stamped on top of the panel.  



In order to give some visual interest, I adhered a piece of Lace Die-cut on the upper part of the blue area. Now it's time to arrange blossoms and leaves.



I think I followed a little bit of classical layout on this card cause I wanted it with a more elegant look.



As a final step, I adhered the panel onto a card base and then I added some Jewels: Chunky Jewels Iridescent Clear Mix and Sugar Plum Jewels Mix.



Do you love stamp layering? Well....I always feel a little tricky when layering stamps, but once you've done it, the results are so great to see no matter how you stamped some pieces wrong. That's why I keep buying such stamps, lols.

Thank you for reading today's post. I hope you enjoyed it!

Have a great day!
Marge ♡♡♡

1 comment:

  1. Those layering stamps can be very tricky - you've aced it, Marge!! Gorgeous, in any color! LOve that floral frame! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete