Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Animal Antics

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything But A Card Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is

Animal Antics   

We are showcasing Hello Bluebird Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used.

The lovely folks over at Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a FABULOUS $50 voucher to shop at the  Simon Says Stamp Store! 
Good Luck to everyone! The Design Team is looking forward to seeing your crafty makes and will pop around to visit you ASAP!
50dollar_voucher_600px


Here are my cards for the challenge inspiration. I used Quiet Christmas Set from Hello Bluebird



Card No.1

I started  by stamping Quiet Christmas Set on 80lb Neenah White paper using Memento Black Ink, then I colored the images using my Copic Markers.


It was midnight when I was making this , I couldn't use my Scan N Cut because everybody was sleeping and I didn't want to delay my works to another day. I wish I could have bought the Coordinating Dies set, but it had been always out of stock,  reflecting the huge popularity of this set. So fussy cutting was the best I could do, lols. 


For the background, I used one of my Mod Trees panels I had made for SSS October 2018 Release Blog Hop. I ink blended a piece of Bristol paper with Distress inks , Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio, splatteted water, and then stamped Mod Trees with similar colors of dye inks. I then splattered white acrylic ink to express snow.


I cut two pieces of side panel using Gingham 6×6, and Stitched Borders 1 die set. Bottom hill was made using Wavy Scallop Stitches Dies and white card stock.



Then I used foam tapes , Glue Dots and glue to assemble a christmas scene. I stamped a sentiment from Winter Scene set using Versafine Onyx Black, then cut it into a fishtail tag using Stitched Banners Dies. Finished off the card by adding Sparkling Clear Snowflakes.

Card No. 2


Since I adored the lovely images from Quiet Christmas Set so much , I couldn't stop stamping and coloring them, ending up with this second card! Used 80lb Neenah White, Memento Black Ink, Copic Markers and White pen.



I trimmed the panel with Wonky Rectangles Dies and added sentiment from Christmas Wishes set, which was heat embossed in white on Schoolhouse Red card stock. I added Silver Glitter Mat behind the sentiment piece. Finally I foam mounted the panel onto Fog Gray Card Base.




So now it’s YOUR turn. 
 Happy Crafting



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !



There are fabulous Giveaways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog, if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.
New creations only, please don’t link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Thank you so much for your stopping by and reading this. Have a wonderful day.
Marge ♡


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Marge, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! these are both absolutely GORGEOUS!!! the images are adorable and your coloring is fabulous!! Love them both, stunning!!! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and adorable as usual, Marge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are masterful with creating scenes! These cards are fabulous with all the layers, die cuts and cute critters! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to come and comment here too Marge! Love these cards but especially your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Marge, What GORGEOUS cards, really just STUNNING!! You know I adore your coloring and these cards are an example of why, they are just amazing coloring, I find myself just staring at your cards and the coloring part. The colors are soooo Pretty, love them. Do you know I have a Scan n cut and Scan n cut 2, and have not even opened either one of those boxes, (sad) anyways, I have heard someone else say in a post that if you didn't have a die that you could use your machine to cut your stamped images out, I assume that is what you were saying in your post? If true, wow, I will have to check that out!! I was so excited to finally enter my 1st project in the SSS Wed challenge, So exciting!! AWESOME post today Marge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two STUNNING scenes, Marge! Love both layouts and the colors are so perfect for the winter vibe!! Well done!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what beautiful cards with remarkable images and coloring, Marge! You make such outstanding cards, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards absolutely WOW-ed me! I am in love with the minty tones you chose and your coloring is as always too good for words! I love how you used the Mod Trees to add so much depth and dimension to the first card and the patterned stamping in the second card is so so lovely. It creates a uniquely beautiful one layer card. Have a gorgeous day! xx Ankita P.S. So late for commenting these days! Whew.

    ReplyDelete