Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Stencil It



Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

This week the challenge is

Stencil It   

We are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 gift Voucher  for the Simon Says Stamp Store  to one randomly selected winner !



Here is my card for the challenge inspiration.




I used Heart Mandala Stencil and Messages for Everyday Stamp Set from Simon Says Stamp today. 



Here are step by step instructions.


1) Trim a piece of Ivory card stock into A2 (4.25x5.5inch) size, then mask off the 4 edges using washi tapes.
2) Ink blend the panel with a dye ink Insulation Pink.
3) Place Heart Mandala Stencil on the panel, then ink blend the panel using 3-4 dye inks that you have in order of dark brown -light brown - light coral - coral. 
  ( I used Kraft, Safety Orange, Peach Bellini, and Coral Crush from My Favorite Things
4) Apply Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste using a Craft knife, then remove the stencil and cleanse it quickly.
5) After the paste is dried, splatter orange, yellow, and black inks over the panel.
6) Heat emboss a sentiment from Messages for Everyday Stamp Set in white, then foam mounted onto the panel using foam tapes
8) Trim the edges of the panel a little , then adhere it onto A2 sized top folded cardbase made with gray colored Texture Cardstock.





I made another card with the same stenciled panel to use my scraps. 



Here, I adhered sentiment from Big Greetings 1, a leaf diecut from Leaf Border Frame Die, flowers from Cherry Blossoms, and leaves from Build A Flower Rose. Card base was made from Neenah Desert Storm



This second panel was actually supposed to be discarded as I oversplattered black inks, but in the next morning when I saw it again, I thought I would hide those black ink spots by covering them with sentiment and images. That's how it came out and I really love the final look :)

To finished off the card I added various sequins from Pretty Pink Posh : Spring Blossoms, Champagne, and Sparkling Celar






So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting !
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.
New creations only, please don't link projects published before the start of the challenge, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.




Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !


There are fabulous Giveaways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog, if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out.





Thank you so much for your stopping by and reading this. Have a wonderful day.


Marge

12 comments:

  1. Utterly gorgeous the softness of the last one is just so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I love the soft colors, and small accents that support the gorgous back ground. Absolutely love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Marge, these are SO lovely! You've shown off the beauty of stencilling perfectly - love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely WONDERFUL cards! So soft, pretty and beautiful - that glimmerpaste looks amazing like that - want to try right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both absolutely gorgeous cards Marge! The colours and your stencil work is so pretty and I love the way you have coloured the Cherry Blossoms, they look beautiful.
    I popped over to SSS to look at the stamps you used and I have to say they are a set I have looked at and wasn't struck with them but the way you have coloured them has made me think again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft coloring of this stenciled background. Love both your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors you chose and that pop of black is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marge! I love the two cards you made! The color scheme is fabulous. Soft and feminine, just my most favorite. I love how you added the florals to give such a pretty break. And mounting them on colored cardstock helps bring out the colors so beautifully! Absolute love xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, beautiful backgrounds! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous resist technique! Love the colors and the addition of the moonstone paste!! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Marge, you know I LOVE your work, and I love both of these cards! I love the beautiful backgrounds, and I agree with Mandy above that I wasn't so struck b the flowers in the one set until I saw how you colored and used yours! I love it now! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Marge :-) both are absolutely stunning! I love the stencil design and soft colours, so pretty and the moonshine sparkle is awesome! I need to get me some of that! The flowers are absolutely beautiful too, very very lovely :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete