Monday, December 30, 2019

SSS Love You More Release Card - Watercoloring on Stencil

Hi, friends! Simon Says Stamp revealed fabulous Valentine-themed products called Love You More recently. I made a card to share with you today using the new release items. 


I prepared a piece of A2 sized panel from a heavy-weight cold-press watercolor paper pack, then I put Tumbling Hearts Stencil on the right side. I also masked off the left side of the panel to prevent my blending tool from crossing the stencil border and ruining the clear space.



Next, I gently blended Worn Lipstick ink over the stencil then I removed the stencil. I added watercolor shades on the stenciled hearts using Daniel Smith Perylene Scarlet and  Quinacridone Rose. After coloring was finished, I trimmed the panel using a large Stitched Rectangles Die



I stamped a lovely puppy holding a heart from Pawsome Love set on a piece of watercolor paper with Warm Glow Amalgam ink, then I did some light water-coloring on him. I cut the image free-hand and adhered it on a small vellum circular die-cut. I made a pin-point hole near the edge, put Natural Twine thread into the hole, and then I foam mounted the circle on the left top portion of the panel to make it look like a small tag. 


For the sentiment, I chose some lovely messages from Valentines Word Mix 2 set and stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I mounted the panel on a Neenah Desert Storm card base, and finally, I adhered some sequins.



There's Love You More Gallery on the SSS blog, where you can see lots of beautiful cards inspired by the Love You More Release and you can also share your creations with it by linking up your posts/photos. 



Thank you and have a great day!

Marge

1 comment:

  1. So very cute, Marge!! I learn so much from you, my friend! I never would have thought to use a stencil this way!
    Valentine's Day will be here before we know it! but 'til then: Happy New Year, Marge!!! xo
    =]

    ReplyDelete